A synthetic, eco-friendly polymer absorbent made up of 85% recycled waste material, once destined for the landfill.
SD Sorb absorbs and solidifies hydrocarbons in seconds. On your workshop floor, oil separation tank or contaminated body of water, the incredible hydrophobic and absorption properties of SD Sorb will save time, money, water and the environment.
SD Sorb is applied directly to the spill at a ratio of 1 – 10 by weight, this ratio may vary depending on the viscosity and type of contaminant.
- As a “rule of thumb” apply a 2cm thick layer of SD Sorb covering the spill
- Allow 30seconds for the “wicking” action to start and agitate with a broom for a speedy clean – up.
- Alternatively SD Sorb can simply be left to work by itself.
- Once the contaminant has been solidified, sweep up and dispose of in accordance with local regulations.
- For water born spills, scatter the SD Sorb over the affected area, if there is no natural wave action or water movement agitate for a speedy clean – up.
- Alternatively, SD Sorb can be left to float endlessly on water absorbing any hydrocarbon it makes contact with (ideal for separation systems)
- Scoop up the solidified hydrocarbon with a net and dispose of in a responsible manner.
- In windy conditions empty 5 litres of water into the bag valve and shake prior to application. SD Sorb will not absorb water (hydrophobic) having no adverse effect on performance.
- The saturated SD Sorb can then be pressed, the oil extracted for recycling and the left over absorbent material is an excellent fuel – source with high calorific properties and minimal ash.
- SD Sorb booms, pillows and socks are used for the containment and corralling of spills on water or land where the hydrophobic and absorption properties are still unrivalled.
SD Sorb is effective on:
- Oils & Fuels – Motor Fuel, Jet Fuel/Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Mineral Oils, “Bunker C” crude Oil, Transformer Oils, Hydraulic Oils, Edible Oils
- Alcohols – Methyl Alcohol, Ethyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol
- Solvents – Methyl-Ethyl Ketone, Methyl-Isobutyl, Keytone, Tetrahydrofuran
- Coolants – Anti-freeze, Glycol
- Paints – Latex & Oil-based paints, Lacquers, Shellacs & Thinners, Resins
- Polymers – Water Treatment, Flocculates, Viscosity Enhancements, Resins
- Medical & Biological – Pharmaceutical, Blood
Download Data Sheet
SD Sorb 240KB