Spill Doctor is an expert in providing you with products that assist you in meeting health and safety regulations. We are here to help you mitigate any potential hazards and to prepare you for any work place incidents. Call Sales on +270100036060 or visit our website www.spilldoctor.co.za to view our product range.
Spill Doctor is a customer centric company which is devoted to providing our customers with safe and compliant products to help reduce risk in the workspace.
Thank to our clients for the continued support over the years.
Call Sales on +270100036060 or visit our website www.spilldoctor.co.za to see our comprehensive range of products.
Our customers choose the Spill Doctor because we are a company that is:
- Transparent and honest
- We provide products that are safe and compliant
- We are cost effective and are competitively priced
- We are passionate about our high quality products
- We are an environmentally conscious company and we believe in having sustainable practices, to minimize our impact on the environment.
- We are fast, flexible and always strive to exceed our customers expectations.
- We provide free assessments to assist you in purchasing and installing the correct health and safety equipment.
Portable Spill Berms are available in a range of sizes and provide protection against harsh chemicals, while preventing spills from occurring in the workplace.
Call Sales on +270100036060 or visit our website https://www.spilldoctor.co.za/product-category/spill-containment/berms/to see our range of products.
Advantages of Spill Berms:
- Quick set up time making it great for efficiency & quick response to emergencies.
- Reinforced corner design, features wraparound diagonal welds for fluid tight reliability.
- Berms withstand a range of chemicals inc. petroleum’s & most acids.
- High visibility yellow inside supports against potential catch hazards inside while keeping exterior free from trip hazards.
Spill Doctor is here to keep you safe and compliant.
Spill Doctor sells Oil Spills Kits to help individuals and companies respond to a spill in the workplace. This value for money product is great to have as the wheelie bin is equipped with absorbents and P.P.E to assist you when dealing with a spill.
We have a range of spill containment products, fire safety products and more! Check out our website, to see our full product range.
Accidents happen, therefore you should have plans in place and steps to follow when a spill in the workplace occurs.
These 8 steps can assist you when responding to a chemical, oil or hazardous spill.
1. Assess the risk
- That is faced to personnel, the environment & property.
- Inform colleagues & wait for at least one other person is in attendance before dealing with the incident.
- Determine the liquid type, the quantity & if there are casualties.
- Wear P.P.E so you can safely respond to the spill.
- Check the S.D.S. (Safety Data Sheet) for any hazards associated with the liquid spilled.
3. Contain the Spill
- This will reduce area of contamination & lessen the impact of the spill.
- Use absorbent socks, brooms & physical barriers.
4. Stop the spill
- Once the spill has been contained STOP the source of the spill; roll a drum damaged side up, turn a tap off, plug the hole in a container etc. & if appropriate decant any remaining liquid into a secondary container.
- REMEMBER, NEVER STEP IN THE SPILL.
- RE-ASSESS the situation before starting clean upensure the spill is fully under control.
6. Clean up
- Treat all contaminated material as the liquid spilled & dispose of clean up equipment accordingly.
- Ensure all the personnel involved with the spill are fully decontaminated.
- The site of the spill, all P.P.E. & equipment must also be fully decontaminated & checked.
- If items have been damaged or cannot be fully decontaminated, dispose of accordingly & replace with new.
8. Report and replenish
- De-brief all personnel involved, compile a complete report of the incident and fill out all associated paperwork.
- If needs be, change your procedures and/or the location of some or all of your spill response equipment.
- Remember to replenish/re-stock all front line equipment and back-up stocks including P.P.E., drain covers etc.
Spill Doctor’s mission is to assist companies in creating safe and complaint workplaces by providing a range of environmental and health and safety products.